Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Jamari Animated Update: Voices are FINALLY Recorded!

One of the reasons I love animation is that the process of creating it always leads to little memorable adventures in life.





The recording session for Jamari Animated was on November 9th at 90.9 The Light – Liberty University. I had NO IDEA that Liberty was so busy at night! The campus is a lot bigger from when I was at Boys State there and I got lost! The students were very helpful in pointing me in the right direction though. The 90.9 facility is great and Justin Berry, their sound mixer that did all the recording, was very nice and very helpful. To support 90.9 The Light, they accept donations at this link.  90.9 The Light.




The boys did a great job! Special thanks to Rhyan and Tyler Cooper who voiced the bully characters! Josh Sosin is the voice of Raincoat, and he did an outstanding job. Thank you Jen Staton and Ginger Cooper for arranging for them to come, and thanks to the dads, David Sosin and Steve Cooper for coming! Facebook made it all possible!




Thanks to my sister Michelle for bringing her boys too. I really appreciate her help with Jamari and Bralyn at the recording session. It was a little bumpy at times, but we got it done!


Jamari and Bralyn have been recording for animation a LOT here lately. They recently created a Halloween Special on GoAnimate.com. It was so well received; the boys have decided that they want to create their own little animated series for the internet, just for fun. They’ll record episodes whenever they get the chance. Part one of episode one is online now.


GoAnimate.com’s Jamari and Bralyn


I also wanted to take a moment and say Happy 40th Anniversary to Sesame Street.  I grew up with Sesame Street and loved it.  I have fond memories of all the great animation (hmmm) and I remember that I could count to 10 in Spanish in pre-school!  Sesame Street was the first "edutainment" for kids and laid the groundwork for films like Jamari Animated to be made.  Thank you Sesame Street and may you have another 40 wonderful years.  http://bit.ly/4FnFHQ



For the newer followers of the production blog, you may have read the blog posts and you may not know exactly what this film is going to be. All we’ve talked about here is that this was a birthday present for my nephew Jamari, Amazing Space Films and fundraising, promotion on Twitter and that the film will be stereoscopic, but that’s not the whole story behind this film. This blog actually started in the Notes section of my Facebook page for my family and friends. A good friend suggested that I make this blog and promote the film to everyone. The next blog post will be a review of those old posts from my Facebook Notes and will be devoted to what Jamari Animated is, the story, the characters, its focus and the fact that this is a “Christian Action” cartoon…



Cheers until the next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment