Sunday, November 7, 2010

Progress!

Finally, an update!

Sorry about the late update on the project, everyone. 

I’m still revising the storyboards per Karen Lloyd’s suggestions.  I was sketching out the revisions on paper like before, but I’ve picked up the entire project and I’m dumping it in a storyboarding program I found.  I needed the storyboard program for the project I’m working with Stan Webb with.  That project is called Buffalo Force and you can check my personal blog for updates on that.  http://chaostoon.posterous.com.  Oh, and the official website for that is: http://www.buffaloforce.com  (Yes, it’s a totally Flash site, but it reminds me of the websites from the 90’s with the little cinema scenes playing as you watch.  Check it out!)  The program I found is working SO well, I decided to bring all my storyboarding projects into it.


I was going to download ToonBoom Storyboard, however the trial was too much for my laptop to handle, so I googled and found a program called Springboard.  It’s basic, clunky and limited… but it’s a godsend.  It’s super light, so my little crappy laptop can run it beautifully.  It supports pressure sensitivity, so it works with my Wacom Bamboo beautifully.  I can draw the boards in layers.  Add to that, you can sort your boards by Acts, Chapters and Scenes and it can even export your board in an animatic, complete with camera moves.  It’s MORE than what I need, it’s speeding up my progress (except the one time where a file got corrupted and I lost a TON of drawings I LOVED!!!  AAAAH!) and improving the look of the film.

So, I’m totally redoing the open sequence introducing Raincoat.  Another thing I did was finally take a look at Jamari’s actual school.  I loved the fact that I didn’t have to be the creepy dude walking around and staring at an elementary school.  I just opened Google Maps!  It gave me a good look at the front and a great wide shot of the back.   


The playground is HUGE and it slopes downhill.  I don’t like the layout of the area so, good thing this is animated…  I’m going to be very liberal with the placement of everything.  I will have the playground slope down like that though and have the kickball roll down the hill and rest next to the raincoat.  It will also allow the camera to get a nice shot of Raincoat rising over all the kids as he starts the rain.

Here’s some of the new boards.  I’m thinking it’s looking a LOT better than before.








I’ll keep you all informed.

No comments:

Post a Comment