Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Jamari Update: Fiscal Sponsorship, The Flu Virus, and Channel Frederator's 4th Anniversary.



Got an update on the fiscal sponsorship. Fractured Atlas has approved the expansion of my fiscally sponsored project to include all films I create for any local film festivals. This includes the Jamari Animated project! The name of the project at Fractured Atlas is "Amazing Space Films". Here's the best part:


Amazing Space Films is a sponsored project of Fractured Atlas, a non-profit arts service organization. Contributions in behalf of Amazing Space Films may be payable to Fractured Atlas and are tax-deductable to the extent permitted by law.


You can make a donation here.


Donate now!


Everyone who donates to Amazing Space Films for the Jamari Animated project will get their names in the credits! Any major gift donation of $1000 or more will receive an Associate Producer credit. Your donations will go towards making our films stereoscopic and providing 3D glasses for our audiences!


Of course, Studio Luke 15, LLC nor myself are not directly affiliated with The Amazement Square Rightmire Children's Museum or Riverviews Artspace.


My prayers go out to everyone with the flu this season. My actors for the film have it, my best friend is just getting over it... and I just found out that my good friend Steven, owner of Cryptarchy VFX in Aspen, Colorado, is in critical condition with the H1N1 virus. I've never met him in person. He sent me a connection invite on LinkedIn and we would chat on Facebook all the time. We would talk about how he wanted to create an visual effects house with a strong visual and marketing brand. For an animator with a background in sales like me, he spoke my language. He's an inspiration, a kindred spirit and an honored colleague. If you can spare a prayer, please pray for my friend.


Well, I haven't worked on Jamari Animated much this week, but for good reason. The deadline for Channel Frederator's 4th Anniversary film project was today. They called for 4 second shorts to be combined into one big film. The premise was "What would Fredbot do on his 4th birthday?" Well, what do all 4 year olds do on their birthday? They go to Chuck E. Cheese! You can see my 4 second entry here. Special thanks to Joey for offering critique. Facebook is SOOO useful!! You can see a pic from the short above, and you can see the 4 second short here.

Check back for updates... the next goal is making a fundraising trailer, so I'm definitely animating scenes from the project to make one.


No comments:

Post a Comment