Sunday, October 4, 2009

Jamari Update: Schedule Juggle, 3D Glasses and Audience Funding



Well, the recording session has been delayed, again. This time, it’s the flu. Ginger said that the kid that REALLY, REALLY wants to do this has got it so… I can hold for a trooper. Best wishes to him and we all hope he feels better. Thanks to 90.9 The Light for being so understanding and accommodating. Hey, it wouldn’t be a production if there weren’t delays, right? I consider it “Producer Boot Camp”.

There’s a quote from the movie Spaceballs where Dark Helmet says, “Preparing, you’re always preparing… just go!” That couldn’t be more true for me. So, I’m gonna just go. This week, I’m going to finalize the rigs for the Jamari and Raincoat characters and just start thumbnailing and animating some of the simpler scenes. While I’m doing that, I’m going to plan out the 3D for the film. Yes, I am officially going from “thinking about” to “preparing for” stereoscopic for the film. For those who don’t know what “stereoscopic” is, it’s when you wear the red and blue glasses and see the characters appear to jump right off the screen. I believe that the aerial scene in the film will be amazing.

I also want to get some of the simpler scenes animated for fundraising sake. We need a fundraising trailer. I am awaiting approval from my fiscal sponsor on my other film, Fractured Atlas, to approve fiscally sponsoring ALL of my festival films. That way, I can raise funds for additional computer programs for the stereoscopic effects and for the 3D glasses for the venues… and YOU can make a small (or large) tax-deductable donation and get your name in the credits! Fingers are crossed…

No comments:

Post a Comment