Saturday, March 27, 2010

Videos, videos and more videos!

Hello everyone!  Here’s yet another update on whats happening.

Before I start, I just want to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Amazement Square today!  They hosted the first film festival where I was a guest speaker and I am eternally grateful for that.  Have a GREAT celebration this weekend!

I hope you all like the new look for the blog.  I made it wider to host more high resolution drawings and videos and changed the look a bit.  This post, I’ve got a bunch of videos!

Check out this video first:

Watch live streaming video from chaostoon at livestream.com


I’m going to start creating my own Livestream show.  I wish I had visited the site and read the tutorial a long time ago, or I would have started using it when I animated that Dragon for GoAnimate.  I’m gonna start creating a “Making Of” series of videos for Jamari Animated and my web cartoons and just turning it on and welcoming anyone that just wants to stop by and watch me work.  I’ll keep the Facebook and Twitter updated with when I turn it on.

Now, check this video out:

I won the storyboarding book, From Word to Image by Marcie Begleiter on Karen Lloyd’s blog!  Yay!  Thank you Karen, Muk Muk and Margie!  Sorry about the Twitter stalking, Karen, but I’ve learned so much from your blog.  When I get done with thumbnailing these storyboards, I’m totally asking paying for your guidance and I’m sure I’ll learn a lot from Marcie’s book!

Okay, last video:



GoAnimate.com has launched a brand new contest this month in which entrants must promote a charity of their choice.  Of course, I created a video for Fractured Atlas.  I designed it to be a fun video that any member could use to embed in their blog or website to briefly talk about what Fractured Atlas is.  They could use it to introduce their fiscal sponsor or what have you.  As far as I can tell, it’s the first GoAnimate hosted cartoon to feature a character with real lip sync.  It was fun to make, even if I threw this together over a weekend.  Fractured Atlas liked it so much, they put it on their blog and Twitter.  Thanks Adam!  Of course, I put it everywhere, hee hee.  

The first part of qualifying to win is being among the top 4 in views.  At the time of this writing, I’m number 5.  Help a guy out and watch a few times?  No biggie if I don’t win though, the prize is a Wacom Intuos, and I really need a Cintiq, especially for my Livestream shows.  If I win, I’ll keep the Intuos and hand my trusty Wacom Bamboo down to Jamari.  I dunno though…  I really like my Bamboo… maybe I’ll give Jamari the Intuos, hee hee. 

Now, some thumbnails!  Here’s a random selection:







This technique of thumbnailing has really helped me.  It showed me that my film was way too heavy in backstory and setup in the front, so I’m simplifying the beginning and focusing on the middle and end.  Instead of having Jamari’s Bible powers materialize near the ending, I’m giving him those powers from the very beginning and simplifying how he uses them…  I’m getting rid of all the unnecessary flashy crap and just telling the story… not at the expense of the stereoscopic though, still planning that as I go.  I’m also redoing the ending and it is so much more satisfying and meaningful now.  Thanks again Karen!  I can’t wait for her to rip it all apart and help me make the story unbelievable!

I’ll keep you informed!

1 comment: